Moorgate Benchmarks is looking to hire a developer with quantitative skills in fixed income.
Moorgate Benchmarks’ mission is to enable index providers and product issuers to create new products that deliver true choice to all investors. Experts in designing, managing and calculating indices for clients; streamlining operations using leading-edge technology; and implementing best practice governance systems to meet EU Benchmarks Regulation, the firm is challenging an industry ripe for disruption.
Moorgate Benchmarks is looking to hire a developer with quantitative skills in fixed income and ideally equities, to join our development team and help us to continuously implement features into our methodology-agnostic calculation engine.
This position is based in Giessen (Frankfurt) however candidates based in London may also be considered.
You need to believe in index-based investment and understand how indices are used within all areas of the industry, be well-organised with a high attention to detail, and be self-driven.
- You will be involved in decision-making processes so you need to have high levels of attention to detail and analytical thinking.
- You will need a genuine desire to extensively iterate design options.
- You need to be confident, experienced and capable in relevant analytical / software packages
- You will ideally have experience in financial mathematics.
- Work within the development team to enhance the implementation of quantitative models and calculations.
- Evaluate implementations, models and products in line with our product and development strategy.
- Assist the index operations team in implementing, testing and debugging of new functionalities.
- Provide internal tools to development, operations and product teams.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interest in financial markets demonstrated by qualifications and/or experience.
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience in a numerate subject, such as Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Physics or Statistics .
- Knowledge in instrument level reference data, analytics, cash flow determination
- Experience of implementation of analytical libraries
- Quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills.
- Practical ability to extract and present insights from data.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, including the ability to explain analytical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Valuable Skills & Qualifications:
- Programming / model development using Python and other software to provide insights.
- Experience in working with large SQL data sets, in data collation, extracting, combining and structuring data from diverse sources.
- Experience in frontend development, particularly in Angular and HighCharts.
- Experience in analysis / management of crypto assets.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.