Moorgate Benchmarks is looking to hire an analyst with quantitative skills in fixed income and equities.
Moorgate Benchmarks’ mission is to enable index providers and product issuers to create new products that deliver true choice to all investors. Experts in designing, managing and calculating indices for clients; streamlining operations using leading-edge technology; and implementing best practice governance systems to meet EU Benchmarks Regulation, the firm is challenging an industry ripe for disruption.
Whilst Moorgate Benchmarks primarily operates its index calculation services as a calculation agent service that does not co-own IP or develop own-brand IP, the company is looking to hire an analyst with quantitative skills in fixed income and ideally also equities, to provide expert assistance to internal and external clients in designing and reviewing indices, and to produce research on markets and the performance and characteristics of indices calculated by the company.
This position is based in London however candidates based in Giessen (Frankfurt) may also be considered.
You need to believe in index-based investment and understand how indices are used within all areas of the industry, be well-organised with high attention to detail, and be self-driven.
- You will be involved in decision-making processes so you need to have high levels of attention to detail and analytical thinking.
- You will need a genuine desire to extensively iterate design options and to tease out and explain the drivers of performance and risk.
- You need to be comfortable writing up research both formal and blog form.
- You need to be confident and capable in relevant analytical / software packages as well as the usual MS Office suite.
- You will ideally have worked within an index provider, asset manager or related area of the passive / index management industry.
- Work with internal and external clients to design quantitative, / rules-based index strategies and indices, primarily in fixed income but in equities and other asset classes as necessary.
- Evaluate new index concepts.
- Build and produce ad hoc and regular reports on index / market performance, attribution and risk, together with commentary where appropriate, to support internal and external research and marketing.
- Assist the index operations team in understanding complex corporate actions.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interest in financial markets demonstrated by qualifications and/or experience.
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience in a numerate subject, such as Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Physics or Statistics.
- Experience of analysing fixed income indices either as an index designer or from the portfolio management side.
- Knowledge in instrument level reference data, analytics, cash flow determination
- Experience of implementation of analytical libraries
- Quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills.
- Practical ability to extract and present insights from data.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, including the ability to explain analytical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Valuable Skills & Qualifications:
- Programming / model development using Python and other software to provide insights.
- Experience in working with large SQL data sets, in data collation, extracting, combining and structuring data from diverse sources.
- Experience in frontend development, particularly in Angular and HighCharts.
- Experience in analysis / management of crypto assets.
We promote good working relationships and expect high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.