Moorgate Benchmarks is looking to hire a developer with quantitative skills in fixed income and ideally equities, to join our development team and help us to continuously implement features into our methodology-agnostic calculation engine.
This position is based in Giessen (Frankfurt) however candidates based in London may also be considered.
You need to believe in index-based investment and have an initial understanding how indices are used within all areas of the industry, be well-organised with a high attention to detail, and be self-driven.
– You will be involved in decision-making processes so you need to have high levels of attention to detail and analytical thinking.
– You will need a genuine desire to extensively iterate design options.
– You need to be confident, experienced and capable in relevant analytical / software packages
– You will have experience in financial mathematics.
– Work within the development team to enhance the implementation of quantitative models and calculations.
– Evaluate implementations, models and products in line with our product and development strategy.
– Assist the index operations team in implementing, testing and debugging of new functionalities.
– Provide internal tools to development, operations and product teams.
– Strong interest in financial markets
– Enrolled n a numerate subject, such as Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Physics or Statistics .
– Basic Knowledge in instrument level reference data, analytics, cash flow determination
– Quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills.
– Practical ability to extract and present insights from data.
– Programming / model development using Python and other software to provide insights.
– initial experience in working with large SQL data sets, in data collation, extracting, combining and structuring data from diverse sources.
We promote good working relationships and expect high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.